Comment on page
OKRs Updates: Jan 23rd - 10th April
Ecosystem update vs OKRs carried through from cycle 2
Objective 1: Build the foundations of a successful developer relation function
KR1 - Explore and define the developer journey to improve the experience
Previous score: 65% Update score: 95%
- Audit of explore and guides across legacy documentation and migration to vitepress documentation space in alignment with technical writer. This includes:
- Review and refresh of Explore journey
- Co-creation of dAPI Explore
- Introduction of Guides section: Now includes several guides on how to request data from Airnode, using QRNG in a Lottery contract, deploying an Airnode, and Quick start tutorials.
- Re-fresh of illustrations with design system set up
- Introduced a content system to support navigation
- GA4 tags ready to be implemented
- Direct engagement of developers using API3 technology
This has been in alignment with CTT technical writer. Further efforts may see a review of the contribution page and support as needed with additional explore/guides materials.
KR2 - Define and create developer relations materials
Previous score: 0% Update score: 75%
- QRNG demo projects
- Oracle switching guide
- Quick start dAPI guide
- dAPI payments tutorial
- Gelato switching guide
- API3 Market videos + animations
Working closely with the editorial & content lead, the content calendar and review processes have progressed during these recent weeks. The Ecosystem team will contribute to the calendar to support the overall marketing efforts. On reflection this content has currently taken form as:
- Developer-orientated social posts
- Technical explainers / how-tos
- Co-marketing with chains & dApps
- Growth-related content: new users & product milestones
- QRNG related
- Supporting announcements
As we look ahead there’s a need to define a strategy that determines how useful developer relations content really is. This could be from an engagement and value add viewpoint, and only similar to any content production. Within the next 4-6 weeks basic elements here will be understood using GA4, with conversations around how other forms of data analysis can help gather insights from this perspective with UX Lead.
KR3 - Implement social media activity from personal accounts and support API3 community with Twitter/Discord spaces
Previous score: 35% Update score: 75%
- Ecosystem team members contributing to social media
- Delivered first Twitter spaces
- Need to further define format
- Discord sessions ran Jan/Feb with users/developers
The contribution to the content calendar structure lays foundations for this workflow to continue to expand.
KR4 - Set up a structure to measure ROI/key metrics from conversations and events Previous score: 10% Update score: 25%
- GA4 tags set up
- Running of a few bounty challenges with engagement
No definitive metrics have been achieved here. As referenced above further work re-analysis is required.
KR5 - Retrieve feedback from partner communities or users
Previous score: 0% Updated score: 60%
- All issues within Dev-support are being logged and reviewed monthly by the ecosystem team, with a view to implementing fixes or product content that proactively addresses an issue
- Ran a light bug reporting bounty + community contest regarding tracker.api3.org
This is a fairly time-intensive task to perform regularly within the team. There's more work to do here regarding in specific to capturing user feedback, in particular from chain partners. A short-term plan is to set up a developer guild for early users of APIs.
Additionally, a content UX we had organized to start research hasn't been able to commit, meaning we need to start again with efforts there.
Objective 2: Deliver Ecosystem activities that increase awareness of API3 to developers
KR1 - Strengthen relationships with key chain partners and their dev-rel teams
Previous score: 40% Update score: 80%
- Developer materials in progress with Gnosis, Fantom, Moonbeam & Polygon
- Engagement of Polygon zkEVM dev-rel team
- Relationships formed with new partner and developer tutorial planned
- Worked on partner documentation to include API3's presence and technical guides on how to use dAPIs, QRNG and Airnode RRP.
KR2 - Deliver ecosystem marketing activity in alignment with key roadmap events (such as docs/market/byog)
Previous score: 35% Update score: 85%
- Supported phase 1 launch with partner kit, amplification and delivery of support developer materials
- API3-owned materials have been prepped and deployed in alignment with the self-funded dAPI launch
- Assets delivered to Polygon to support comms
- Joined Twitter spaces
Additionally ran 3x bounties:
- Completed and reviewed the bounty for BITS Goa. Two usable dapps came out of it.
- Worked on a Bounty for API3 Tracker and posted it on Gitcoin and LearnWeb3.io. It picked up some good submissions
- Community contest
KR3 - Deliver the first ecosystem/dev-rel campaign that translates API3's technology into comms platforms Previous score: 0% Update score: 0%
- Have struggled to translate key messaging into structured campaigns
It has been difficult to balance broader ecosystem projects with the day-to-day delivery of co-marketing. We currently have 10 chains where dAPIs can be accessed (11 including testnets), 20 for QRNG and a range of dApps looking to engage. As such the ecosystem team is ready to onboard a team member dedicated to Ecosystem Marketing to increase delivery capacity.
Objective 3: Provide meaningful support to OEV & BD Efforts
KR1 - Ensure alignment with BD milestones and support with relevant content or activity
Previous score: 20% Update score: 60%
- Prepped dAPI partner kit and aligned it internally
- Supported introductions to dApps via network patterns
- Helped with direct BD
- Oracle switching guide
- Hosting of AMA + joining of external sessions
KR2 - Explore the MEV searcher community and build internal knowledge, with a view of building awareness
Previous score: 0% Update score: 15%
- Ad-hoc help on the beta programme
- Insights gathered
KR3 - Assist projects looking to use API3's oracles
Previous score: 35% Update score: 85%
- the Supporting a handful of projects re QRNG
- Ecosystem website has been scoped to provide ability to showcase usage, display user metrics and
- Developer support program set up
- Activity in Dev-support channel
- Logging processes in Linear
- Monthly review
Summary There has been great progress in these last 6-8 weeks, with the benefits of some foundational work during the q4/q1 coming to fruition. We've also supported the migration of the documentation and as it is now in situ presents a strong building block to move forwards with. With the 'ecosystem marketing' & 'developer relations' engine starting to turn, we're in a good position to scale this in alignment with the phase 2 & 3 releases.
We'd also like to take this opportunity to say thanks to the CTT & dAPI team on the delivery of Phase 1.